Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch, repair, re-install or uninstall Fusion 360

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cemmirata
268 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to launch, repair, re-install or uninstall Fusion 360

Hi,

I am unable to launch, repair, re-install or uninstall Fusion 360. The issue began couple months back when I was trying to free some space temporarily, so I cannot remember exactly what happened beforehand (ie. if I mistakenly removed a .json file etc.). However, now, I would like to be able to use F360 again and would like to help others who may be facing a similar issue, which is why I am creating this forum. When I try to repair I get a server problem whereas the other options fail without a pop-up. Therefore, I have uploaded the log file created when I try to repair the app, as prompted. Please, also see the attached prompt window.

Thanks in advance!

Cem.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@cemmirata Can you please try the solution from the below article? 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fus...

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 4
dooyoul_chung
in reply to: cemmirata

Hi @cemmirata ,

Thank you for sharing log file. Looks like you have installed Fusion with command line option to install Fusion 360 on D:\ drive. However, this option is not supported for per user installation. Please uninstall or cleanup then install Fusion360 without configuration https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/appstream

Regards,
Dooyoul.

Message 4 of 4
cemmirata
in reply to: cemmirata

Hi, sorry it took me this long to provide an update. The solution was to simply run a new setup file for Fusion 360...

As suggested by @RajkumarIlanchelian, I tried changing the permission settings to the "WINDOWS" file specified in that thread but I couldn't. However, I suspect that the file path on my end is wrong anyway so changing would this would not have made a difference.

The setup file I had was different to the one provided by @dooyoul_chung. Although I did not uninstall the existing Fusion360 or did a cleanup, after running the setup file provided above, I was able to use Fusion 360.

Thank you to you both!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report