Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Converting Mesh to Organic Solid

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wernickar
187 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble Converting Mesh to Organic Solid

I am attempting to convert a surface mesh (STL) to a solid body using the Organic option. The option failed and recommended to use the "Create Base Feature" option, however I do not see the option. I checked for it under the Design>Create menu. I also tried repairing the design surface mesh, however the repair tool either removed the entire mesh, or removed parts of the mesh depending on the setting used. The STL file is quite large which may be part of the issue. Please let me know if you can help.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: wernickar

Please attach your STL file.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
wernickar

I cannot attach it since the geometry is proprietary.

Message 4 of 7
TrippyLighting

Based on the complete lack of information you have provided so far, we cannot provide any meaningful help.

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 7
Warmingup1953

This where it is for me:base.jpg

Message 6 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

@wernickar wrote:

I cannot attach it since the geometry is proprietary.

@wernickar 

Can you Attach a dummy file that exhibits the same behavior as your proprietary data?

Message 7 of 7
wernickar

The Create Base Mesh Feature is not there in my software. Is it part of an extension?

wernickar_0-1698071404142.png

Also, I am working on seeing if there is a geometry that I am allowed to send that is having the same issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums