Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimming a surface with the Surface:Trim tool generates "Closed edge in multi-edge wire" error message

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
threeleggedcat.shop
75 Views, 0 Replies

Trimming a surface with the Surface:Trim tool generates "Closed edge in multi-edge wire" error message

Trimming a surface with the Surface:Trim tool generates "Closed edge in multi-edge wire" error message when used as a path. The untrimmed surface works as expected.  Both the example project and a screen shot of the error are included.

Enclosed is an example project for the error. Component "Guides for sfc and path" creates a helical surface via use of the Surface:Trim tool. The path is on the inside (where the cone is).

A sub-component uses this surface to generate the triangular solid helix. A plane on path from the inner surface edge defines the plane for the triangle profile. The subsequent sweep used the same path as well as the surface to generate the solid triangular helix.

Another sub-component attempts to use a ruled surface to trim (Surface:Trim) in the XZ plane (for this example). In this case the Sweep generates the error message. Ditto using a plane as the trimmer.

I don't know if this is a bug or no. For now I'll can go back and generate another solid helix (or use the existing one) and cut that. I think that should work.

thanks,
mark

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums