Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sketch offset created no geometry - workaround?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
clive
111 Views, 4 Replies

The sketch offset created no geometry - workaround?

Hello

I’ve goggled and search Fusion360 forums, where I have seen related error reports but cannot find solution (if one exists). Hoping someone can assists somehow?

Simply, I cannot use sketch offset at certain values, specifical in my case; all is OK for values between >0mm to 0.69mm where an offset can be created but values between >0.69mm up to 1.4mm throw the error “The sketch offset created no geometry”, which is frustrating because I need to offset at 1.00mm.

Interestingly, by using another “nearby” profile geometry I can create an approximate needed offset geometry but then latter after extruding a solid part, I am unable to create a full ‘chamfer’, it reports an error when the chamfer value reaches circa 1.4mm, ie appears to be encroaching on the above ‘dead-zone’.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Clive

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: clive

Hi,

Which sketch are you talking about?

günther

Message 3 of 5
clive
in reply to: g-andresen

It's the last sketch, Sketh13 .
Message 4 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: clive

Hi,

This is obviously because the projections of the body are incorrect.
I would project the outline of the base sketch (bottom) into sketch 3 and relate the offsets to this projection.

günther

Message 5 of 5
clive
in reply to: g-andresen

That’s great and thank you for both the speedy response and your solution

Clive

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums