Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the new Configuration Panel is missing

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
bart_alarm
468 Views, 17 Replies

the new Configuration Panel is missing

Just installed the latest version on Mac v.2.0.17244 and the Configuration panel is not visible. Reset All Toolbar Customizations, restarted. nothing.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
seth.madore
in reply to: bart_alarm

There is going to be a staggered rollout over the next few weeks to all users. This was done intentionally for stability reasons. Give it some time, you'll see it soon enough, provided you have a Commercial or EDU license.

From the "What's New":
If you don’t immediately see Configurations in your toolbar, no need to worry. We will be releasing Configurations slowly over the course of the next month, so if you do not see it today you should be able to use the functionality very shortly. By adopting a staggered approach, we aim to seamlessly integrate this powerful feature into the Fusion 360 ecosystem.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 18
bart_alarm

missed that. ty

Message 4 of 18
BRadovan

I started new update and there is no Configuration panel.

I wanted to see if I need to check it in Preferences and there in Preview Features new problem.

BRadovan_0-1695196338291.png

Workspaces are gone. just Manufacturing left.

I tried reset and nothing happens.

Message 5 of 18

@BRadovan Configurations is not part of preview features. It is being rolled out to users gradually and pretty soon you will have it.  

Regards

Gautham 

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development
Message 6 of 18
holla2040

Will configurations eventually appear for 'single-user storage' or only to teams? The toolbar icons appear if I'm connected to a team but not in single-user. Thanks. 

Message 7 of 18
g-andresen
in reply to: holla2040

Hi,

@holla2040 wrote:

Will configurations eventually appear for 'single-user storage' or only to teams? The toolbar icons appear if I'm connected to a team but not in single-user. Thanks. 

only team !!

günther

take a look at  this thread #4 

Message 8 of 18
holla2040
in reply to: g-andresen

"only team!!", do you know why?

Message 9 of 18

@holla2040 , we are investing a lot on the underlying technologies behind Fusion Team hubs, and so significant additions to functionalities in Fusion, such as Configurations, are being added to and supported on Team hubs.

Regards

Gautham

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development
Message 10 of 18

OK, that makes sense.  I've commented on several YT videos about the 'single-user' issue. I'll reference your answer and suggest in the future they mention 'this is a teams only feature' in future content. It's a little confusing because this was a staged release and the 'teams' development wasn't mentioned. So many questions exist, where is the feature? Thanks for the reply.

Message 11 of 18

If significant additions will be added for teams,  then its time for me to learn about that. I'm looking around to see how to move projects from single-user to my team. Thanks, this has been very helpful. 

Message 12 of 18
g-andresen
in reply to: holla2040

Hi,

Remember that AD originally wanted to end single user storage by spring 2023.
So it couldn't be a bad idea to check out this contribution to the transfer of designs to Teamhub.

günther

Message 13 of 18
holla2040
in reply to: g-andresen

I need to hang out in the Fusion forum because this is "end single user storage" comment is news to me.  Thanks, following your transfer link now. 

Message 14 of 18

Its been over 3 weeks since your post - and still configurations is not enabled on my system.  Has the roll-out completed yet?  Without knowing when this is supposed to be done, its impossible to know if we have a problem or not.

Message 15 of 18

Hi @dorsetdesignbuild 

Configurations has been enabled to most entitlement types, except Educational.  Could you confirm what kind of an entitlement you have.  Also, note that the functionality is only available on Teams only and not for Single-User storage.  Also, let me know the Fusion build number.

Regards

Gautham

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development
Message 16 of 18

I have an educational license and I'm set up in a team.  When will configurations be available to Educational licenses?  I'd like to include configurations in my upcoming course - "Designing Timber Frames in Fusion 360".

Message 17 of 18

It is good to hear that you would like to consider Configurations for your course.  We expect educational customers to have access to Configurations most likely by end of this week.

Gautham

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development
Message 18 of 18
patl1
in reply to: gautham.kattethota

Same situation here. I have an education license and want to include it in my course material

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums