Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text gets rotated when moving it

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FrodoLoggins
123 Views, 5 Replies

Text gets rotated when moving it

In the below video you'll see me move a text box. Half way through it decides to rotate the text as well. Happens when clicking on text box lines and moving them OR when using the move command. In the video the text gets rotated IN THE MIDDLE OF ME MOVING IT. The customer does  not want the text to be at an angle. I need to get some work done. 

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

Sketch constraints are NOT automatically added to Text Boxes.  After placement, add a Horizontal sketch constraint to either the top or bottom line of the text box before dragging it around.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks so that fixes half my issue.

Now on to the second half:

You're saying when I click on this arrow:

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 2.32.51 PM.png

You're saying it's by design that when I click on that arrow and drag, the text box will move in the axis I have selected and then randomly decide to move in a different constantly changing axis if I didn't add a horizontal constraint to the text box?

- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 6
jhackney1972

If you are using the Move command only, you do not have to add the sketch constraint.  I only add it if I am going to drag it around as you did in your video.  I have never had any issues with moving a text box with the Move command as long as I am using the direction arrows.

Move Text Box.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

just doubleclick and move without "movetool"

doubleclick.gif

günther

Message 6 of 6
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: jhackney1972

"If you are using the Move command only, you do not have to add the sketch constraint."

Ok good so another bug that won't get fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report