Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVG locator perpendicular to Sketch plane

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
simonjohnlacey
159 Views, 4 Replies

SVG locator perpendicular to Sketch plane

Hey Forums,

I am trying to use some SVGs for some creative benches, but the SVG locator is perpendicular to the sketch plane, making it very difficult to line up.  Does anyone know why this might be happening.  It just started recently and on 2 different files.

Thanks,

Simon

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I figured it out and it feels like a technical oversight by the developers.  I copied and 'paste new' a blank bench.  This is so I could model 4 different benches quickly.  I rotated the new bench.  However, Fusion still thinks it is the old bench when inserting a svg, so the locator is mussed up.  I rotated the bench to be congruous with the bench blank and it worked. 

Autodesk, if you read this, please fix this bug!

Message 3 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: simonjohnlacey

Hi,

When importing SVG, a menu appears in which you must specify the desired plane.
This can be a base plane, a flat surface of a body or an individually created plane.

günther

Message 4 of 5
simonjohnlacey
in reply to: g-andresen

That's not the issue if you look at the first two images

Message 5 of 5

@simonjohnlacey wrote:

I figured it out and it feels like a technical oversight by the developers.  I copied and 'paste new' a blank bench.  This is so I could model 4 different benches quickly.  I rotated the new bench.  However, Fusion still thinks it is the old bench when inserting a svg, so the locator is mussed up.  I rotated the bench to be congruous with the bench blank and it worked. 

Autodesk, if you read this, please fix this bug!

Can you make an example file that shows the problem and share here? 

Also in the future can you embed pictures rather than attach, on this forum you can't view pictures and read the text! Easy to just paste the images into the message or use the Photo option.

HughesTooling_0-1711388689290.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report