Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split body

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kaltenekkerb
417 Views, 7 Replies

Split body

Is it possible to  split an assembled body into it's original components? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@kaltenekkerb 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Or if it was imported geometry then Attach the original.

Message 3 of 8

I have assembled 3 components and would like to split them. Is that possible with Fusion? Thank yoo.

Message 4 of 8
kaltenekkerb
in reply to: kaltenekkerb

SDomehow the file got messed up, here is a screeshot.

Message 5 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: kaltenekkerb

If you want to return an assembly back to it’s original components simply select the assembly joints in the timeline and remove them.  

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 8

@kaltenekkerb 

See Attached file...

TheCADWhisperer_0-1693742683093.png

BTW - in you assembly I would expect to see one Grounded Component and at least one Revolute Joint rather than two Rigid Joints.

TheCADWhisperer_0-1693743517597.png

I see other issues as well.

What exactly are you attempting to model?

Would you like step-by-step instruction on how to do all of this correctly in Fusion 360?

Message 7 of 8

Thank you. I am trying to learn but it is difficult.

Message 8 of 8

@kaltenekkerb wrote:

I am trying to learn but it is difficult.

The learning process can be eased by following the instructions of the experts here - but you have to agree on active two-way communication.  I asked you a question that you did not answer.  In a previous discussion thread I asked you 3 questions that you did not answer.

Let’s  try one more time.

Q1. What is your Design Intent - that is, what are you attempting to design?  Do you have any pictures of something similar from the real world?

Q2. Are you willing to follow step-by-step instructions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums