Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spline import

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
150 Views, 4 Replies

Spline import

Good day

I am teaching Fusion to myself, but I am struggling. I am trying to import a line (it is the downstream side profile of an ogee spillway) from Excel but I am not successful. The measurements should be in meters (thus the max value is 0.277m) and I need to work on the XZ plane. When I try to import the CSV file, I receive a “No valid points” message. Would you be able to help me? I have attached a screenshot of the software I am using, the shape I need constructed in inventor and the CSV file.

23611278_0-1721827925892.png 

23611278_1-1721827938502.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: 23611278

This appears to be a question about Inventor, but this is a Fusion support forum.  Did you mean to put it on the Inventor forum?  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/bd-p/78/page/2642?solved-posts-page=9?filter-label=inv... 

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
in reply to: jeff_strater

Good morning. No, it is for fusion. I have managed to import the spline on Inventor, but not on fusion.

Message 4 of 5
jeff_strater

It's because of the conventions used in this CSV.  The decimal is using a "," as a decimal point (European convention), and ";" as a separator.  If I replace the "," with ".", and ";" with ",", it works.  The Import CSV Spline add in in Fusion is limited.  Feel free to copy and enhance it.  Modified file attached

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 6.52.01 AM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 5
HughesTooling

@23611278 Try the import add in from this post by @JeromeBriot Not sure if this is the most up to date version.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report