Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spinning cursor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tpgolf
107 Views, 2 Replies

Spinning cursor

Hello,

For a couple of months or so now almost every project I open I'm greeted with a spinning circle. The strange thing is it doesn't prevent me from doing anything. I can select anything I want on a drawing, can do dimensions, extrudes, etc. It just seems that the pointer is substituted for a spinning wheel. Things seem to slow down a bit but it might be my imagination, usually when you see the spinning wheel the computer is doing something that sucks some additional resources.

I'm unable to duplicate it but some combination of save, extrude, close, open, etc. will return the pointer some times. At first I thought it was caused by importing a dxf file but that doesn't seem to be a factor.

Today I did a simple hose adapter for my shop vac, just a few circles and an extrude. I left the file open and came back about 3 hours later and it was still spinning.

Not sure if I screwed something up or is it a little hiccup in Fusion.

Thanks,

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: tpgolf

I have seen similar situations.  It seems to be related, at least for me, to Data Panel operations.  Next time it happens, open the Data Panel and left click on the Refresh Icon at the top of the panel.  I am not near my computer right now but it is the one with the two circular shaped arrows.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
tpgolf
in reply to: jhackney1972

Good Morning John,

Thank you for the quick reply. This is really bizarre, I opened 5 projects
this morning and 4 of them had the spinning ball so went over to the refresh
icon in the data panel and as soon as I hovered of it the cursor came back.
I didn't have to click it. I closed the projects and tried again and seems
that all I have to do is move the ball anywhere into the data panel and it
works.

Thank you for the tip and most of all thank you for all the great videos you
post. It seems that whenever I'm struggling with "how do I do this" you come
out with a video that explains "how to do it". You are a very good teacher
and I'm sure the entire community is grateful for your help.

Have a great day,

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report