Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch origin and rectangular pattern issues etc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
martin.blomfeldt
171 Views, 5 Replies

Sketch origin and rectangular pattern issues etc

Hello there fellows!

I give up any second.....

If i press the XY origin to sketch at it does not snap onto the body.

If i press the top of the body it loads the whole body projection or what it is called and it takes forever to sketch one line i have no stress tho BUT i can only sketch on the XY origin then, i can't make a line straight down.

If i copy and past the 2 lines and move one of them down 4mm (thickness of the body) i can put lines in between them, but i can't rectangular pattern the standing lines. Can't make a pattern of the 2 faces i've made eigther.

I really don't get it, and i can't sit the whole night make every line on the whole part manually.

And finally, what i actually try to do is to divide the body into 4 parts in a zigzag fashion according to the shape of the body. Am I right then in creating faces along the body?? 

Absolutely best regards ever,

Martin

Skärmbild 2023-08-06 235950.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@martin.blomfeldt 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Most experts turn off AutoProject in their Preferences.

What are you trying to model (do you have a picture of something similar from the real world)?

Are all of your sketches fully defined?

Have you used computationally efficient modeling techniques?

Have you used Move correctly (Move is almost always the wrong move as used by beginners)?

Message 3 of 6

I'm sorry, but I can't really tell what all of your concerns are (a video and the model would help).  However, a few that I think I understand:

• "If i press the top of the body it loads the whole body projection or what it is called and it takes forever to sketch one line "
    Disable "autoproject geometry on active sketch plane":
    Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 8.00.33 AM.png
  • "but i can't rectangular pattern the standing lines"
    Do not try to create this pattern in a sketch.  Create just the minimum number of instances in a sketch, then use Pattern in the Solid menu to create the remaining geometry.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 6

Ofcourse!!

Aaah okey, I have turned that off now thanks! Feels good to be a prospect in the expert club. 🙂

I'm trying to make a drying solution for the hand dished stuff, i attach a picture!

Oh, hmm I don't know actuallt, probably not! These question made me understand i really need to go a course!

Would you mind suggest a course or youtube channel where i can learn more about this?

Thanks alot for you answer, really appreciate it!

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for that picture!!

Oh okey, do i understand you correctly that i should rectangular pattern the faces instead of lines? Or am i totally lost? 🙂

Thanks for your time and respond!

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

create one instance in your sketch and use its profile for cut out (feature) > pattern this feature or its faces.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report