Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the sketch not move with component? (how to stop this behavior)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
vonfinck
53 Views, 2 Replies

Should the sketch not move with component? (how to stop this behavior)

Hey, 

I am layouting and building the interior for a pelicase. 

I thought that the workflow for sketches & components etc. is like this: 

When you move the component, the bodies and sketches are moved with it as they are referencing the component space. 

When you capture the position you have the new position of the component saved. 

BUT 

When I am moving a component like in this video https://youtu.be/5hDb-6qOGG4 and then going into the sketch to draw addition geometry, it snaps to the old position. Even though the component shows the sketch at the right (new ) position. 

What am I doing wrong? Am I overlooking something? 

Thank you very much for your advice! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: vonfinck

The sketch is moving with the component.  However, when you edit the sketch, Fusion goes back in time (before the move), so that the model is in the same state as when the sketch was created.  Is that what the concern is?  If so, the only way to "stop" this behavior is to have the component move occur in the timeline before the sketch.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
vonfinck
in reply to: jeff_strater

ah, I see. ****. I want to add sketched elements so that I know where the cable outlets are to help me layout the the assembly. I guess then It would be better to add a sketch when the component is at the final position to have it remain in place?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums