Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal and reference planes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nkbhvid
134 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet metal and reference planes

I have a project with some semi complex bends where I would like to use either reference bodies or ref planes to manage shapes and bends.

How is this possible?

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: nkbhvid

@nkbhvid 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Do you have a picture of something similar that already exists in the real world?

Message 3 of 5
nkbhvid
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Hi thanks for helping so far

I have attached a simple example of how it could look.

The job is to design a kind of cladding covering the faces A-E. Obviously it cannot be done with one sheet, so it has to be built from several individual patches. Hence the job is to examine the best solution 

Where the patches meet there should also be a 10mm flange to cover the seam- just like if it was to be soldered.

Does this make sense?

Message 4 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: nkbhvid

This tutorial is a little old - it is now a bit easier, but see what you can do from this and then post back with questions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Agn8bWKZY&list=PLp5izJt_zvN29W2cEFHAK949eImc9xFOT&index=3

Message 5 of 5
nkbhvid
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thanks

I have tried hybrid modeling a couple of times but i never really made it.

I will give it another shot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report