Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaper plugin not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
687 Views, 2 Replies

Shaper plugin not working

Can not get the Shaper plugin to work on my Desktop.  Running Windows 10.  I've tried editing the "shaperutilities.py" file, which was recommended in another thread.  Reinstalled Fusion360 and the shaper plugin several times.  restarted, rebooted computer.  Nothing is working. 

It works completely fine on my Mac laptop

shaper is showing in my "add-ins" when I hit "shift-S"

I'm new with this and completely stumped.

Thanks for any help

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.bales
in reply to: Anonymous

Once installed you need to run the program from Add-ins. Then it should put a shaper icon in the "make" toolbar.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 3
matthewtmead
in reply to: Anonymous

I ended up getting help from Shaper's support team and they solved my problem on my mac. Now, the Shaper plugin is working perfectly. 

My situation: I was able to run the Shaper plugin install without any issues on my mac, but once the installation finished, I did not see the shaper icon in Fusion 360 on my Tools ribbon. Turns out that the ShaperUtilities.bundle file is copied to 2 folders as part of the install process. For whatever reason, this file was not properly installed to both folders after the setup.

To resolve my issue, I just had to manually copy (make sure you copy and don't accidentally move the file!) ShaperUtilities.bundle from one folder to the other folder. Using the details below, check the 2 locations for the ShaperUtilities.bundle file and copy it to the other folder as needed. Copying the file solved my issue!

Here are the 2 locations where the ShaperUtilities.bundle file needs to be located for the plugin to work properly. If you only find it in one of the folders, simply copy it to the other folder. It needs to be in BOTH folders for the plugin to work properly. 

• [User] > Library > Application Support > Autodesk > ApplicationPlugins
  • Library > Containers > com.autodesk.mas.fusion360 > Data > Library > Application Support > Autodesk > Application Plugins

For anyone unfamiliar with finding and navigating these system folder areas on the mac, in the Finder app on your mac, click Home from the Go menu to get to the [User] location referenced in the first bullet above and you can navigate the folder structure to find your way to the ApplicationPlugins folder. And click Library from the Go menu to get to the Library folder and you can navigate the folder structure to find your way to the Application Plugins folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report