Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Set crashes Fusion360

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
mic_steinberger
38 Views, 0 Replies

Selection Set crashes Fusion360

Hello,

I have the design of an optics mount that consists of 40 bodies. This I want to treat as a whole and now I am caught in multiple problems.

1. Selection Sets apparantly do not include groups of bodies? 

In order to maintain some clarity within my design I try to group the bodies of the mount. This works without any problem. Also creating a selection set of this group does work. However when using the moving/copying tool of Fusion this seizes to work. Quick fix is adding a selection rule of all of the bodies. It would however be nice to have working selection sets including groups. Am I missing something here?

2. Selecting selection set:

Now I created this selection set of multiple bodies. But although I only marked 40 bodies to be included, it shows 750 bodies in the selection set. Why?

Whenever I want to move the mount now, I use movement tool and click on the selection set. Fusion crashes without any error message.

3. Using the combination tool also does not work.

As a workaround I tried combining the bodies into one. Easier said than done, since most of the components I selected show up in the target body. Some are still left out even when trying multiple times.

I would be very thankful for any hints for each of the problems or for any advice on treating more or less multiple bodies at once. 

Best,

Michael

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums