Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save sketch to dxf freeze

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dgemily
258 Views, 7 Replies

Save sketch to dxf freeze

Hello,

I'm trying to save a sketch as dxf file but it freeze fusion 360 when I do it and need to kill f360. ( right click then save as DXF)

I can copy and past a part of the sketch then save as dxf, but I can't save the full sketch.

I'm on windows 10 with 16 Gb ram, I sent the sketch to a friend that is on MacBook Pro M1 Pro and same result fusion 360 freeze and we can stay like that several hours without nothing happen...

you will find the file in attachement.

any help is really appreciate!

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dgemily
in reply to: dgemily

hello,

can anyone try to open the file and to save the sketch as dfx to let me know if you have the same "bug/problem" ?

thx

Message 3 of 8
jeff_strater

Yes, I can verify this.  I suspect that there are some corrupt or bad sketch lines somewhere in this sketch, and I spent several hours trying to find it, but in the end, my real job was calling.  I created bug FUS-131037 for this issue.  I will let you know if I learn any more when the sketch team looks at it.  Thanks for reporting it.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 8
dgemily
in reply to: jeff_strater

thank you for your check. I really appreciate it. I also suspected some bad lines but can't find anyone. I did a lot of tests and I was able to copy and past half part of the skecth and was able to save it as dxf and I was also be able to do the same with the second half part... but cant' save the full sketch as dxf

Message 5 of 8
dgemily
in reply to: jeff_strater

hey @jeff_strater , is there a way from my side to follow  bug FUS-131037  ?

I reproduce the same bug in an another new project and sketch. I can upload my .f3d file if you need.

Message 6 of 8
dgemily

Hi, is there any news on this bug fix ? I still have the problem on several projects/sketch.

Message 7 of 8

@jeff_strater I thought I'd try exporting from the cloud and it sort of works but strips all of the text. Can you create a request for the text to be included when using the cloud DWG\DXF exporter please?

This is the cloud export.

HughesTooling_0-1690457791732.png

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
dgemily
in reply to: HughesTooling

from my side I still can't export the sketch as dxf ( local export) even without text and I have the same freeze for some others projects

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report