Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Factor 15 Throughout Simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
agepfert067
109 Views, 3 Replies

Safety Factor 15 Throughout Simulation

I am trying to run a simulation, but am running into an issue where my Safety Factor is 15 throughout the simulation. I have tried the simulation with multiple different fixed points, various locations of the force, the force applied to a vertex, face, and edge, and large values for the force. The model is a bone, so I attempted to create a new material that had the material of bone (image attached) but was also running into this issue when using the preset material of steel. Is there a reason for the high safety factor?

I am okay with using a preset material but would like for it to be closer to the material properties of bone and not steel if there is a material that exists. I have also gotten similar results with compression and torsion simulations as well but just showed the results of the 3-point bend test.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@agepfert067 

No *.f3d file Attached here?

Safety Factor above 15 isn't shown as it isn't typically relevant or calculated.

TheCADWhisperer_1-1696336197656.png

@agepfert067 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 4
agepfert067
in reply to: agepfert067

I understand it not being calculated but was more curious as to why the safety factor throughout the model was 15 instead of having different values at different locations. 

Message 4 of 4

Your femur is nearly 16 meters long...

TheCADWhisperer_1-1696366805778.png

...and completely solid nearly 2m thick?

TheCADWhisperer_3-1696367017115.png

I suspect that you used incorrect Units on import.

Can you Attach the original file here?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report