Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Fusion on Mac OS and Windows Beta

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
jodom4
3933 Views, 16 Replies

Running Fusion on Mac OS and Windows Beta

Hey everyone,

As Mac OS 12 Monterey and Windows 11 progress through their respective beta programs, we’d like to remind you that Autodesk cannot provide support for issues that arise as a result of installing and running pre-release operating system versions from the Apple Beta Software Program or Windows Insider Program. Use of these in-development operating systems is at your own risk.

We understand some users are eager to test cutting-edge features from these products, and we still appreciate bug reports for potential forthcoming issues; however, we recommend only doing so with a separate installation or device dedicated to testing purposes so as not to impact mission-critical work.

Jonathan Odom
Community Manager + Content Creator
Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: jodom4

Windows 10

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Windows 10

Message 4 of 17
bmxjeff

I'd think there would be someone trying this stuff out and reporting back by now... 

3D Connexion still hasn't recovered from the Big Sur update.  ... I'm not going through that again! : )

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Hooper Machine and Design
[X] AUTODESK AMATUR ORDINARY
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

very confused so, fusion 360 will not run on windows 11? as it continuously crashes and fails to run on my work laptop, Attempting to run on my Mac with latest OS updates and saying not compatible?  either I am doing something wrong or this is very disappointing situation

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Apple Beta Software Program" and "Windows Insider Program" are explicitly intended for developers, so they get chance to find bugs caused by OS changes before end users run them.

If you chose to run a Beta/Insider OS, you chose to encounter software-breaking changes at the same time developers first encounter them.

If that's a disappointing situation, it's entirely on you.
Message 7 of 17
xo.rahul

Any updates as to when Fusion 360 will officially support Windows 11. As the release build has already been.. well released, essentially the same one that launches in October, I was wondering if there's any official word on the support.

My work PC is still windows 10 and I am well aware of the risks, that's why I have Windows 11 on my personal laptop and there Fusion 360 has some problems enough that renders it unusable there.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: xo.rahul

You literally just bemoaned that Autodesk haven't fixed Fusion yet, while referring to the first-exposure-for-developers build of the OS you've chosen to run on your laptop. The Windows Insider Program is designed for developers etc to preview breaking changes in the OS development cycle before they are released to users.

"co_release0" is rarely the final gold release of a Microsoft product/OS version, and the dev/beta channels have had numerous breaking changes in the last week/days.

So I'm not convinced at all that you are aware of the risks.

Message 9 of 17
garrygoldberg1

Thanks for helping with this!

Message 10 of 17
xo.rahul
in reply to: Anonymous

ok.
Message 11 of 17

A software development team should have the right skills and experience to accomplish the project goals. It should also have a clear mission and clear communication between team members. The project manager mlsdev.com/blog/top-custom-software-development-companies should be able to coordinate the work and manage the team's progress. The software development team should be a reflection of the business manager's values and be driven by a goal-oriented approach. It should also be creative, innovative, and problem-solving.

Message 12 of 17
david.massey2DGS9

Hello. Running Fusion 360 on iMac with the new M1 chip; OS is Big Sur (11.6.1). Problem I am having is that the small panel of navigation buttons at the bottom center often disappears. Sometime the Browser does the same. If I go to another "desktop" window on my machine (say I am following a tutorial on YouTube), when I come back to Fusion, both of these elements are not displaying. Sometime I can get the Browser to re-appear using keyboard short cuts, but the only way to get the navigation panel at the bottom to re-appear is to minimize the window the Fusion 360 is running in, then un-minimize it. Sometimes when I move the mouse cursor out onto the work area they will disappear again, which requires another minimize command. This happens very often during my work flow which is very disruptive. Thanks for listening. Any suggestions? Is there a keyboard shortcut of hiding and showing the navigation panel at the bottom? That would be helpful. Thanks again.

Message 13 of 17

I'm having this issue, and is another poster in a another thread. Also Big Sur, but not the same chip. Mine is:

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Message 14 of 17

So then it's a software glitch, evidently. Hope they fix it soon.

Message 15 of 17
elvalente

Hello,

I am trying to run Fusion 360 on my MacOS Ventura but every time I open the app it shut downs and says there is a software issue. I am wondering if you could help me resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Message 16 of 17
bmxjeff
in reply to: elvalente

That stinks. Hopefully you got it working by now. If it's an M1-M2 Mac, make sure to download Rosetta Stone for running Intel software. 

If that's not it, you might need to try installing it again. Autodesk has a Utility for Cleaning all the file before you re-install. 

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Hooper Machine and Design
[X] AUTODESK AMATUR ORDINARY
Message 17 of 17
MAS.DPL

Interesting - I didn't consider Windows 11 to be 'beta' (nor do Dell and other CAD hardware vendors). 

Still all power to the F360 development team - we are  looking forward to Windows  4K monitor and Mac M1/2 Bliss 👍 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report