Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rib tool is not working (Updated)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kclydeYJQKB
292 Views, 5 Replies

Rib tool is not working (Updated)

Hi!

I am trying to teach the rib tool to my class. It generally works, but I have one student that has tried it three different times, in three different places, and it isn't working for them at all. 

If you look at the pictures, the curvy rib we originally just had a line, but I tried fit point spline just to see. That one we did on the side of an extrude we created.

The one where you can see more of the table they designed, we created a projection on an offset plane and then tried one line. It didn't work so I added another to see if maybe it was too close to the corner. None of these worked. 

Picture 25 is the error it is giving for all of them. We tried changing the direction and still got that error. 

Update!! It made me delete the photos in order to upload the f3d file, but that should be there now. 

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Katie

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: kclydeYJQKB

Please attach your model so the Forum users can use it rather than create something. 

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
jhackney1972

I tried to recreate your first screen capture and then created the Rib.  You still need to attach your model as I cannot recreate the situation you have.

Rib Create.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 4 of 6
kclydeYJQKB
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi there!

I updated my question to have the f3d. 

Thank you!!!

Katie

Message 5 of 6
jhackney1972

A Rib cannot be generated between two independent bodies.  This is your case, the upright and the leg are separate bodies from the table top.  I will not return the model as the video explains the process which you can follow.  Use the Combine command first to join the two bodies, between which you want to create the rib, and then use the Rib command.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 6
kclydeYJQKB

This worked!!

Thank you!!!

Katie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report