Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular Pattern

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
im2U3FR
357 Views, 12 Replies

Rectangular Pattern

I am having an issue with doing an arc array. I have a simple square box, with a diagonal line going thru the center and a parralell line offsetting the center line. I did a three point arc using the two parrallel lines. So in effect a diagonal arc. The problem arises when I try to do a rectangular pattern for the arc. I only have the option of going vertical or horizontal, so that creates an uneven array pattern. how can I get a diagonal ability for the arc to create parrallel equal arcs. Thank you

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Warmingup1953
in reply to: im2U3FR

Can you share your Fusion 360 file?

Message 3 of 13
im2U3FR
in reply to: Warmingup1953

Thanks, see attached, I'm stuck with getting multiple angled arc lines on a diagonal.
Message 4 of 13
jhackney1972

Your file attachment did not make it to your post.  You cannot attach files using email replies, you have to attach them to a forum post

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 13
im2U3FR

See attached

Message 6 of 13
jhackney1972

I do not know how many or what distance you want between these arcs but you need to use the sketch Offset command.  Please keep in mind you must offset the original each time incrementing the offset amount.  You cannot offset an offset curve.

Model is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 13
im2U3FR
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes thanks it worked perfectly, much apprteciate all the help.

Message 8 of 13
im2U3FR

While it worked perfectly, I am have issues with trimming the excess arcs from the outside of both boxes trimed to the edges of the inner box. See attached. 

Message 9 of 13
TheCADWhisperer

@im2U3FR 

There is no need to trim them.

TheCADWhisperer_0-1704202843549.png

If your true Design Intent is not something like the Attached file - then more information is needed.

Bottom line - it is seldom necessary to trim sketches in Fusion 360.

Message 10 of 13
TheCADWhisperer

@im2U3FR 

...and another example...

TheCADWhisperer_0-1704203348767.png

Whenever possible - you should provide an image or link to an image of something similar to your design that already exists in the real world.  That would eliminate a lot of guesswork.

Message 11 of 13
im2U3FR
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thanks see attached. It's cut out on both side in opposite directions.

Message 12 of 13
jhackney1972

Just guessing at what you want in your finished model.  Model attached.

Trivet.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 13 of 13
im2U3FR
in reply to: jhackney1972

Perfect, Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report