Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Thicken" command?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nigel76FS8
53 Views, 1 Reply

"Thicken" command?

What does the Thicken command actually do?

I'm asking because I have a complex geometry (lol - it's a basic single part) that Fusion insists on creating atomically thin at one end of the loft. There is no way to thicken it, pull it, etc, as "is too complex" or "It would create a large geometry change". Anyway, I stumbled across "Thicken", but it won't allow me to select anything at all, anywhere. I even drew a cube in a new design, and it still did nothing. The help is unilluminating.

Solid > Create > Thicken.

How does it work, and what on?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeff_strater
in reply to: nigel76FS8

Thicken operates on Surface bodies, and adds thickness to turn them into Solid bodies.  I think you want Offset Faces for this, but yes, if the geometry is too complex (it doesn't matter whether it is a single part or not, it is the geometry complexity that matters), Offset Faces is going to fail.

Offset Faces, Thicken, Shell, all use the same underlying algorithm to create offset faces from the selected ones.  So, if one fails, they will all likely fail.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report