Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project multiple sketch items at once

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tsitalon1
92 Views, 2 Replies

Project multiple sketch items at once

Quick question guys,

Say you have 30 (or 300 doesn't matter in this scenario) sketch lines/items on a single sketch,  and later you need to create new sketch on a new body and you want to project everything from the first sketch onto the second sketch.  Is there a way to do that without selecting project and manually clicking each line one by one to project it?

Ideally I would love to click and drag over an existing sketch to project it, but I don't see a way to do that.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: tsitalon1

you are correct - today there is no way to do that.  Project is a single click at a time.  In general, you want to minimize the amount of projected geometry in a sketch, because it is expensive to compute, and is somewhat fragile (can lead to timeline errors if the source of the projection is lost).

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: tsitalon1

@tsitalon1 wrote:

Say you have 30 (or 300 doesn't matter in this scenario) sketch lines/items on a single sketch,  and later you 

Actually you should never have 300 items in a single sketch and in my opinion even 30 is really pushing boundaries.

I hesitate to suggest this workaround, but you might do an Extrusion or even Patch and then Project the face as one single pick.  Then Remove (not Delete) the Extrusion or Patch).

TheCADWhisperer_0-1699115258801.png

@tsitalon1 

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report