Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Extrude function

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Mr_WTaylor
448 Views, 17 Replies

Problems with Extrude function

I have created my desk top on top of the legs I have created however when I extrude one of the corners has a whole in it. See image. Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 18.17.01.png

How do I prevent this from happening. It's important to sort out today. 

Regards 

Taylor

Costic Studio

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
jhackney1972
in reply to: Mr_WTaylor

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 18
Mr_WTaylor
in reply to: jhackney1972

How dose the export help with this problem.

Message 4 of 18
g-andresen

Hi,

@Mr_WTaylor wrote:

How dose the export help with this problem.

Then we could see from the extrusion menu whether the circle profile is missing during extrusion.

günther

Message 5 of 18
jhackney1972

Turn this around, if I posted the information you have given the Forum, would you have a clue what I was doing to cause the issue.  I think you will easily see why the Forum can help quicker, and with more accuracy if you had your model to see where things are go wrong.  You also mentioned you were in a hurry.  Providing the model will probably get a much quicker answer instead of the Forum users taking multiple guesses.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 18
Mr_WTaylor
in reply to: g-andresen

how do I attach the file

Message 7 of 18
jhackney1972

The method is outline in my post, Message #2.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 18
Mr_WTaylor

"Providing the model" how do I do this

Message 9 of 18
jhackney1972

As I posted before in message #2, but I will add it again.  By the way, you must use your Forum post to attach it, not email.

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 10 of 18
Mr_WTaylor

ive exported it but nothing happened

Message 11 of 18
Mr_WTaylor

It is only giving the option to attach a url, photo or video.

Message 12 of 18
jhackney1972

You use the Attachment Section, at the bottom of a Reply Post, not the icons at the top.

Attachment section.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 13 of 18
Mr_WTaylor

hope this works. 

Message 14 of 18
jhackney1972

For some reason the top of the one table leg is above the sketch profile.  I could not determine exactly why but it is an easy fix as shown in the video.  Model is attached.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 15 of 18
Mr_WTaylor

thank you it's fixed

Message 16 of 18
Mr_WTaylor

It's another topic but is it possible to create moving components or do I need to duplicate the file in order to show the component down and up. 

Message 17 of 18
davebYYPCU

Joints - only work on components, not bodies.

Down Up, sounds like Slider Joint.

Might help...

Message 18 of 18
Mr_WTaylor
in reply to: davebYYPCU

there revolute joints. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums