Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with surface deletes in Surface workspace

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
StephenCim-001
140 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with surface deletes in Surface workspace

Hi All

Have not been designing in a while, but I've started reworking some of my old models.  I use bit of Surface modeling in my design to adjust the look of faces after I've done with solid modeling.

Has never been an issue before, I have always been able to switch to Surface workspace and delete a single face out of a body, but the latest F360 (2.0.15775) seems to perform a chain delete instead of a single face delete.

i.e

select a face

Screenshot 2023-04-08 105900.png

select delete

Screenshot 2023-04-08 105925.png

whole model to right is delete , not just the select surface

Screenshot 2023-04-08 105937.png

Has there been a change in behavior?  I don't recall having this issue before. (started using F360 2016/17) 

Cheers, stephen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hmm...  I think you are right.  I will investigate...  Sorry for the change.  I guess in the short term, unstitching that face and deleting it will get you where you want to go.

[edit]  I can reproduce this with a simple case.  Created bug FUS-126863 for this.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  Hopefully, because this is a regression, a fix will be available soon

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4

@jeff_strater I've reported this bug a while ago ...

Peter Doering
Message 4 of 4

Thanks , I have been unsticking faces in the mean time, sorry for the late reply 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums