Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem translating CATPart drawing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
arna_mould
165 Views, 9 Replies

Problem translating CATPart drawing

After I updated, I can no longer convert the CATPart drawings. On another computer where the update is not done, it works. I need help, in 13 days the update will be done automatically on the other PC. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@arna_mould 

Drawings (2d documentation)

or 

Parts (3D models)?

Are you an free personal subscription 

or 

are you on paid commercial subscription license?

Can you zip and Attach example file here?

Message 3 of 10
arna_mould
in reply to: arna_mould

I have a paid license. The model si 3D. I have attached a zip file. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10

@arna_mould 
I do not see a *.zip format file attached.

I only see a *.rar file attached.

I do not own a license to a rar extraction app. 

Message 5 of 10

If you are interest in a free file compression/expansion application, you cannot beat 7-Zip. It handles all types of compression formats.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 10
jhackney1972

Your supplied file opens just fine in the latest version of Fusion 360.  You have to be patient as there is no indication it is working until it gives you a notification at the end to open it.  Opened and saved as a Fusion 360 model which is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 10

Hello.

I have attached a .zip file.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 10
jhackney1972

I opened your supplied part and attached it in message #6,  what else do you need?  I attached it again to this post.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 10
arna_mould
in reply to: jhackney1972

I waited around 8 hours for the translation to be done and it still didn't work. It doesn't convert any of my drawings with the .CADPart extension. I don't think it's from the file, all these things happened after the update. I installed Fusion360 again and I have the same problem. I will try to install Fusion on another computer.

Message 10 of 10
jhackney1972

I have had no issues with your file and I am on the latest version of Fusion 360.  A little hint to you, when you open the file there will be no information on the screen that it is working.  After about 30 seconds to a minute, left click your mouse on the Fusion 360 desktop and you will see the Open icon.  In the Animated GIF below, I waited about 30 seconds then I started the recording.  The first thing I did was to left mouse click on the screen and you can see the rest.

Open.gif

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report