Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric scaling not scaling evenly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
armymuffinman
104 Views, 4 Replies

Parametric scaling not scaling evenly

Hi all,

This is my first time posting in these forums so I hope I have posted this in the correct spot.

I am attempting to make parametric nesting hexagons and the equation I have used to scale is not scaling evenly. So the first two interfere with each other where as the last two you could park a truck between. I have taken photos of my parameters screen and another of the section analysis. I have seen people post straight from Fusion but have no idea how to do that.

406756940_803364234883374_5243436019261863482_n.jpg

20231229_151931.jpg

I believe this to be more of a problem with my maths skill (I'm a scaffolder not an engineer) more then it is a problem with Fusion but I know they're are a lot of smart people on these forums and hopefully someone can help.

I apologize if this is beyong the scope of this forum 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@armymuffinman 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

BTW - you can get clearer images using the Windows commands Shift Win S for screen capture to the clipboard and Ctrl v to Paste into the forum discussion.

Message 3 of 5

Cheers Brother

Message 4 of 5
davebYYPCU
in reply to: armymuffinman

I think it is math that you have is not what you are expecting.

Radius values of the hexagons for example, 

40, 36.8, 30.912, 23.494 15.975 and 9.585 exponential stepping

This is coming from a bigger and bigger scale factor value and being related to the previous hexagon and not the original hexagon.

what I think you are looking for is firstrad minus increasing scale factor value.  Could be wrong.

40, 36, 32, 28, 24 incremental stepping.

Might help...

Message 5 of 5

You're a life saver mate, thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums