Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a file without CAM / Manufacture information "active"

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
sportbikeryder
352 Views, 14 Replies

Opening a file without CAM / Manufacture information "active"

I have an issue with a file causing crashing when attempting to open.  I have submitted a help inquiry, to which the response included a new file, with the CAM data stripped, noting the CAM info was corrupt. This was great...except, I need the CAM data of the next level up assembly, which also will not open and crashes F360. 

When asking about any further possibly remedy, the response was just that the file was already stripped of CAM and use that. 

Is there any way for a "normal" user to disable CAM data in a file, possibly allowing the next level up assembly to open properly without a crash? 

It is quite odd that I was able to open the files in August, but now they crash.  I have used the file many times, and even attempting to open previous versions of the file (over 90 revisions on this one) result in crashes. Seems very weird to have an entire line of file versions all of a sudden become "corrupt", and questioning the ability for the tech support to open a file in a previous version to see if there was something incompatible with the latest update fell on deaf ears. 

Anyone that can share any similar experience or any suggestions, I would appreciate it. While I can re-do the CAM, I would prefer not losing all reference to it and to my tooling use, etc. 
John

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
s1
Community Visitor
in reply to: sportbikeryder

i have the same issue, if you fixed yours please let me know how !

Message 3 of 15
sportbikeryder
in reply to: s1

Is this a new issue that occurred within the past month or so? Is your file also a "old" file? 

Perhaps there is an issue with something in the latest update and older CAM data, who knows. 

I have made about 50 parts from this file, including tweaks for remacbining after weld repairs, damage in use, etc, then all of a sudden all versions are "corrupt". 

Message 4 of 15

@seth.madore Any thoughts on this problem?

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
seth.madore
in reply to: HughesTooling

I'll look into it

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 15

Could either of you share the file that opens up corrupted? If you can't share publicly, could you email it to me:

seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 15

Mine wont open as it just crashes F360 without any messages, but I will forward the file(s)

Message 8 of 15

Email sent with links to files (hopefully)
Message 9 of 15

Yep, files received. I don't have an immediate answer for you, but I've sent the files on to a colleague who will perform a closer inspection as to what's transpiring.

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 15

Any luck opening or determining why it wouldn't open? 

Message 11 of 15

there are some issues with the hole builder (internal stuff). I've logged CAM-49347 to investigate deeper. Sorry I don't have better news for you...

Seth Madore
Message 12 of 15

Thanks Seth, That's actually great news. I was hoping it wasn't something I was doing, rather a bug or something similar.
Message 13 of 15

@sportbikeryder I tested your files in the release that came out today and they both open! Let me know if you have any issues....

Seth Madore
Message 14 of 15

I am happy to say the files will now open as before with no issues.  Thanks for your help Seth!

It is great to see Autodesk will look into issues for their users and work to find solutions and improvements. 

Message 15 of 15

Despite the many bugs that exist, we do take the needs of our customers very seriously. Sometimes bug fixing is a game of whack-a-mole......

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums