Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Sketch lines to new Sketch?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
markmorb
105 Views, 4 Replies

Offset Sketch lines to new Sketch?

Hi 
I have an SVG imported which I have projected onto a Sketch, from there I've created an offset of a few millimeters all around the edges. Problem I'm having is I want to extrude the Offset Sketch as a single body object but in order to do this I have to manually delete all the other sketch objects inside the offset sketch line first. Is there a way for the offset Sketch Line to be created as a new sketch on it's own, or alternatively, is there a good way to delete all the sketch objects inside an offset sketch line.
Thanks for your help.

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: markmorb

Rather than deleting the projections can you make them constriction lines? Just select the projected curves and press X to change.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
davebYYPCU

When you have the new outline, window select all, for the extrude.

Might help….

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling

Just did a quick test and found if you convert all the projections to construction geometry you can offset and create normal geometry without needing to make changes after offsetting.

So below I set the line type to construction then projected the rectangle. Then I toggled the line type to normal and then created the offset.

HughesTooling_0-1707928670766.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
markmorb

Some interesting ideas there...I'll give them a go and report back. Thanks 👍

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report