Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset sketch dimensions cannot be referenced when offset constraint is removed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Intuos5
260 Views, 1 Reply

Offset sketch dimensions cannot be referenced when offset constraint is removed

In the last couple of versions of Fusion I noticed that when I delete an offset constraint, from offset sketch geometry, I am no longer able to use the dimension lines to reference other dimensions with.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a sketch

2. Create a line/ rectangle

3. Offset the line with a certain distance in positive and negative direction.

4. Delete the offset constraint

5. Edit one of the two dimension lines and try to reference the other dimension line

6. Notice how this is not possible and that when you try to do this in the parameters window, the parameters are either not available or, if they are, they wlll prompt an error message when referenced in another dimension.

Also, notice that when the offset constraint is removed, it will not be replaced with a parallel dimension, but it will be considered as if the line is constrained parallel to the line it was offset from. However, if I remove the dimension, the constraint is also removed.

I often use the offset tool to quickly generate parallel geometry workflow to design based on a central line that is offset (equally) to both sides. Often times, the offset lines will have different lengths and coincident constraints to other sketch geometry.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Intuos5
in reply to: Intuos5

The thing I forgot to mention is that usually, I remove the offset by trimming/ extending offset geometry. The result is the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report