Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Read-Only/Editable Drop Down

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nkhuri814
147 Views, 5 Replies

No Read-Only/Editable Drop Down

Hi there, 

I recently got a new computer and have installed Fusion 360 on this computer. However, where the "Read Only" or "Editable" option used to be there is nothing. The only way I can stay under the 10 document limit now is to just delete any document that is editable. 

I also often get an error message when opening a document implying I should update Fusion360 but I check for updates and the system tells me I'm up to date. 

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the program. 

nkhuri814_0-1708113265003.png

nkhuri814_1-1708113426034.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
henderh
in reply to: nkhuri814

Hi @nkhuri814,

The latest version of Fusion should be 2.0.18441, which can be verified in Help > About.

It may be worth a try to clear Fusion's local cache to restore the read-only / editable option (Help > Support and Diagnostics > Clear cache data).

If you're still having trouble, could you attach diagnostic files? (Help > Support and Diagnostics > Diagnostic Log Files)

Best regards,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 6
nkhuri814
in reply to: henderh

I just happened to update - I was at 2.0.18441 but now I am at 2.0.18460. 

I still get the error message but it doesn't seem to have any other negative effects. 

I did clear the local cache as suggested but no luck. 

Attached are the diagnostic logs - thanks so much for the help!

Message 4 of 6

Hello,

Did you get a reply to this error? I am having the same issue and was hoping you may have received some answers.

Message 5 of 6

No, unfortunately I am still having the issue. My work around is to use a separate computer which does not have the problem. I'll set editable docs to read only and then switch back to my main computer to do the modeling. 

If anybody can help with this issue I would greatly appreciate it. 

Message 6 of 6

Ok, thanks for the reply. Not great. Will have to try and source a second computer I suppose.

Thanks again for the update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report