Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Component Location Not Reflected in Sketch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chrischaudoir
133 Views, 2 Replies

New Component Location Not Reflected in Sketch

After creating a top-level component, I realized I needed a top-level sketch to calculate the component’s final location. I next exited from sketch mode and moved the component by clicking on a point visible from the 2D sketch.

PROBLEM: When I go back in, to edit the sketch, the new final location of component is not updated in the sketch. I can’t modify the timeline by putting the component move before the creation of the sketch, because of the dependency. How do I get the sketch to reflect the new component location?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: chrischaudoir

Hi,

Sketches are always edited at the place of their first creation. When editing is finished, it is back at the current component location.

Günther

Message 3 of 3

@chrischaudoir wrote:

…I next exited from sketch mode and moved the component

… by putting the component move before the creation of the sketch…

@chrischaudoir 

This won’t fix the behavior that you describe, but I am concerned about the use of Move rather than Joints.

Move (the command) is almost always the wrong move as used by beginners.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums