Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Error - Sketch 1 has no closed profiles for NestResult

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Laurynas_Infoera
221 Views, 3 Replies

Nesting Error - Sketch 1 has no closed profiles for NestResult

Sometimes I encounter this error in the Nest solution: "Sketch 1 has no closed profiles for NestResult."

However, I can't seem to pinpoint the cause. The aim is to nest a layout for these parts to be cut. I've examined the models but haven't been able to identify the issue. Some parts are generating errors and cannot be nested. These files are provided by a client who uses Solidworks, and typically everything works smoothly. However, occasionally I encounter this error.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Or what I might be doing wrong? Additionally, is there an indicator that allows me to check if a part has errors or where to locate and fix them?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The issue is in the tolerance of the Nesting algorithm and how these parts were created. We can project sketches to examine the silhouette of the contours and observe that they are not closed profiles. This is a problem we need to solve, but I don't have a timeline for when that will take place. As a workaround, you can break the links on those sketches, close them up properly and then select those sketches in your Nest Preparation. I walk thru this workflow in the video below:

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for solution. 👍

Message 4 of 4

I did receive confirmation from the Nesting team that we've made some improvements to our algorithm in our internal builds. So, it's just a matter of getting them tested on a variety of data and merging it into the public release. As for the timeline for that, I'm unsure, but it won't be months away (I don't suspect).

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report