Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving construction planes - incorrect indication of directions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
luiyingchun
119 Views, 3 Replies

moving construction planes - incorrect indication of directions

If the capturing of design history is turned off and a construction plane is moved, the indication of direction is found to be incorrect. In this example, the plane is moved in the Z direction but the move/copy window says that the movement is in the Y direction. Is this a bug or I have interpreted the information incorrectly ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ruud1
in reply to: luiyingchun

Interesting. I don't think you should be able to select a workplane with the Move-command. I can't replicate this on my system. 

In the video it's also clear that the selectionfilter 'Body' is activated. I believe the error to be in the selection option. 

What version of Fusion are you running?

Message 3 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: Ruud1

Hi,

@Ruud1 wrote:

Interesting. I don't think you should be able to select a workplane with the Move-command. I can't replicate this on my system. 

This is correct for parametric mode.
But in DM mode, this option is available with the exception of the Origin planes.

günther

Message 4 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: luiyingchun

"or I have interpreted the information incorrectly ?"

Yes, you have interpreted this incorrectly.  The coordinate system of the Move widget is oriented around the object being selected, not the owning or global Origin coordinate system.  The Z axis is always oriented away from the selection point.  For instance, look at the different orientation generated by picking in various places on an organic body:

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 2.14.38 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-25 at 2.14.56 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report