Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move and Rotate Arrows Missing in sketch , either which selecting move or on copy and paste

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
zomie1
1005 Views, 18 Replies

Move and Rotate Arrows Missing in sketch , either which selecting move or on copy and paste

When I select a series of objects in a sketch and right click on the menu the arrows to move or rotate are missing.   This also happens when I copy and paste the object.

Is this a setting somewhere I missed or a bug?Screenshot 2024-05-05 113020.png

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
g-andresen
in reply to: zomie1

Hi,

@zomie1 wrote:

When I select a series of objects in a sketch and right click on the menu the arrows to move or rotate are missing.   This also happens when I copy and paste the object.

Is this a setting somewhere I missed or a bug?

This could be hidden underneath a menu or outside the viewing area.

Günther

Message 3 of 19
zomie1
in reply to: g-andresen

I was thinking that too, but I don't believe so.   I zoomed was out and selected with the same issue.   I then selected fit which zoomed me in and still gone.   If it was hidden behind a menu it should have shown when all the way out.Screenshot 2024-05-05 132114.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 132135.png

Message 4 of 19
jhackney1972

What happens is you select "Set Pivot" in the dialog box, can you then establish a new set of move/rotate arrows and arcs?

Set Pivot.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 19
zomie1
in reply to: jhackney1972

Well that is interesting, it brings up the menu but it has no effect on the drawing.     I can't move the object or rotate.

I assumed this was related it it's constraints so I copied and pasted it.   I still have no control.
Screenshot 2024-05-05 141056.png

Message 6 of 19
zomie1

Well just in case, I copied that into a new sketch and have the same exact issues showing up at mentioned above.   I wanted to see if somehow the constraints were copying as well.Screenshot 2024-05-05 141232.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 141201.png

Message 7 of 19
jhackney1972

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 19
zomie1

I rebuilt the sketch in a new file and it seems to work.   So effing odd ... export the copied one as it is the simplest version.

Message 9 of 19
jhackney1972

I wish you had attached your problem model, not one that works.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 10 of 19
zomie1

The one attached was copied from the original model into a new sketch and has the same issues.   In the attached screenshot you can see the issue plus the export of that model:
Screenshot 2024-05-05 144601.png

Message 11 of 19
jhackney1972

There is no issue I can see using the Move tool on the supplied model.

Move.gif

John Hackney
Retired

Message 12 of 19
zomie1

Well isn't this interesting ...

When I do a select over the entire object as you have done I get the same result and I can move it.
Screenshot 2024-05-05 150243.png

In this case when I double click on the parameter of the object to select it and then right click on that and go to move nothing happens:

Screenshot 2024-05-05 150402.png

Screenshot 2024-05-05 150422.png

Message 13 of 19
jhackney1972

I am not sure what you mean by saying "when I double click on the Parameter", are you meaning Perimeter?  Anyway on such a poorly constrained sketch, the Move command has odd effects if you select individual entities.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 14 of 19
zomie1

Hey There John,  

I appreciate the help. I apologize yes I meant perimeter (I should have caught that).     I understand it is not properly constrained it was the simplest object to demonstrate the issue I was seeing.

You are correct if one of the arcs or if one of the lines is selected it can be moved.   In this case though I selected the entire perimeter by double clicking one of the objects (line or arc).   I then right clicked and went to move where I see the lack of move arrows.

These are the steps I follow to see this issue:
1. Load the file

2. Select one of the lines or the arcs by clicking on one with your left mouse button

3. Double click on that selection with your left mouse button to select the perimeter

4. On the highlighted perimeter right click and go to move option
5. I see no move or rotation arrows

I am fairly certain this used to work, but perhaps it can't resolve due to the poor constraints?  

Message 15 of 19
jhackney1972

The process you listed works just fine.  Maybe you should record a video or animated GIF and show your process.

Move.gif

John Hackney
Retired

Message 16 of 19
zomie1

John you rock ... it is local to me then.   I will see if I can get together a screencast per your suggestion.

Message 17 of 19
zomie1

Should have done this in the first place ... thanks for the suggestion John!

Message 18 of 19
jhackney1972

I would recommend using the Fusion Service Utility and the Repair option to hopefully again full access the the application functions.  There are a number of ways to start the Service Utility.  You can chose the one that suits you.  Here is the link to the article.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 19 of 19
zomie1

Well, thank you I didn't realize that repair tool existed. It ended up crashing during the repair and I was unable to boot the app. After reinstalling it seems like the bug is resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report