Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting hole in PCB editor doesn't match footprint

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tgrant6H34M
107 Views, 1 Reply

Mounting hole in PCB editor doesn't match footprint

I've created a component for an OLED display module (https://www.buydisplay.com/serial-spi-i2c-white-1-3-inch-arduino-raspberry-pi-oled-display-128x64).

I created a footprint to match the dimensions from the datasheet, including 4 plated mounting holes to secure the module. I have specified an inner diameter of 3.1mm, and an outer diameter of 4.5mm. However, when I place the component in my PCB layout, the outer diameter is closer to 5.4mm.

One of the mounting holes is in an area with some dense routing, so I really need it to conform to the size I have specified. How can I make Fusion respect the size of the footprint? I have imported the JLCPCB 4-layer design rules. Perhaps there is some setting (like annular ring size) that I need to adjust?

oled_footprint_library.png

oled_footprint_pcb.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tgrant6H34M
in reply to: tgrant6H34M

Hehe, well, that was indeed the issue. A minimum width of 40% was being enforced. I turned that down a bit and it made the pads match the footprint. I will have to double-check that it didn't reduce the size of other pads too much, but at least I'm on the right track.

I should have tried it before opening this topic. Maybe this will be of help to some poor soul in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report