Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model disappears after simulation run

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
yon.leitner
370 Views, 5 Replies

model disappears after simulation run

Hi 

I have a fully solid model made of a few components 

I an trying to run a static simulation, all the setup is complete and the simulations runs fine 

but when I open the results the model disappears (attached screen print) showing the bolt connector but the model is gone 

I get a warning that the 

The results are not up-to-date with the current settings.

but I haven't changed anything 

yonleitner_1-1715012391132.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
henderh
in reply to: yon.leitner

Hi @yon.leitner,

Could you attach the f3d dataset? There may be a setting that is causing it.

• File > Export... menu

I'm curious if this behavior is dataset specific, or if this also happens for a very simple static stress setup on your machine (e.g. a box body with a fixed constraint + force load).

Thanks,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 6
yon.leitner
in reply to: henderh

Hi , thank you 

I ran other static simulation on a simple model and everything was OK 

attached is the model file

Message 4 of 6
henderh

Thanks for attaching the model file @yon.leitner. I couldn't reproduce the invisible results when I solved the study, and there wasn't a setting toggled I could find which would cause that behavior.

Results visible.png

The Simulation results are associated with the design version. If you see the message the results aren't up to date with the current settings, it indicates the design or Simulation Model has changed after the results were computed. Since the results are missing in the scene, I suspect Fusion somehow cannot find the downloaded results on disk for the file version that is open.  Re-solving the study should allow the results to display for the latest file version.

If you've solved the study in previous versions of the design, you could try opening the older version(s) from the data panel to find which version lost the simulation results if you're curious.

Also, I noticed there are fully modeled threads. This can sometimes trip up the solver, especially when the threads aren't aligned between bodies causing interference.  I removed the threads from the bodies in the cloned Simulation Model 2 (attached) which will solve in much less time.

Hope this helps...

Hugh Henderson
Message 5 of 6
yon.leitner
in reply to: henderh

Thank you so much
I made a copy (save as ) and re-did the simulation and everything worked
also thanks for the tip to suppress the threads make everything go much
faster

Message 6 of 6
henderh

Awesome news! We appreciate the follow-up.

Hugh Henderson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report