Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing Error while trying to do a simulation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aruiz40DNGK7
83 Views, 1 Reply

Meshing Error while trying to do a simulation

Hello,

I'm trying to do the following simulation in this file. The thing is that every time I try to solve the simulation it always fail. It always is because meshing errors. Also, when I tried to solve the simulation when it failed it said something along the lines of "body is too thin" or something like that I didn't take a ss of that. Mostly, I think it is due to meshing errors and I don't know how to fix this. The design is not mine, I simply need to complete some simulations using this design but I can't because every time the simulations fail. I'd like to know what is wrong with the design as well as how to fix it.

I have attached the .f3d as well as a screenshot about what is happening.

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
henderh
in reply to: aruiz40DNGK7

Hi @aruiz40DNGK7,

The mesh fails due to the way the frame is modeled with the hollow pipe features.

There are two solutions described here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-support/fea-static-stress-simulation-unknown-error-solver-erro...

Hope this helps!

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums