Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make components lightweight

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dcAWMGX
483 Views, 4 Replies

Make components lightweight

Hi. 
would it be possible to add a toggle to make components like fastners lightweight in an assembly. This way fusion would not get choked by fastners in the assembly.

best regards 
Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: dcAWMGX

can you add some more detail here?  What would make the fasteners lightweight?  Are you talking about just removing modeled threads on the component?  Or, are you talking about removing fasteners completely from the model to make it lighter?

We have no plans for anything like this at the moment, unfortunately.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
dcAWMGX
in reply to: jeff_strater

I’m coming from ansys spaceclaim and it has the feature. How it is actually doing it i don’t know. I would just like to be able to remove fastners when working with the assembly, but still show up on the bom. And then could turn them on for rendering, 

when having 30-40 sheetmetal parts the is assembled you easily end up with 1000-1500 fastners and every time you make a change or create a drawing it recalculate everything in the timeline and it is a slow process. 

Message 4 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: dcAWMGX

there is really nothing exactly like that.  There is "Select by Size"

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 4.16.00 PM.png

which you can use to select small components in your design.  You can turn them off, which reduces visual clutter, but they are still in the model, so any performance advantages are minimal

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 5
mjohnson.cps
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hello 

I just wanted to add that this would be a very useful feature

It is an option in Solidworks, intended to be used working with larger models and it allows the system to load the parts with reduced data for the selected parts. 

This allows a larger assembly to be created on a given machine

I find Fusion gets quite slow when there are a few hundred components open...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report