Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Save Dialog Changes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Josh__
91 Views, 2 Replies

Mac Save Dialog Changes?

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if this is a change in Fusion, a change in MacOS, or both.

I recently got a new computer, and as part of the migration ended up going up a few versions of MacOS as well as updating Fusion. I do a lot of work where I end up exporting mesh files for 3D printing. The dialog for that (at least from what I can remember) used to be just like almost every other MacOS app, it would let me browse around, even click on existing files to match their name. I loved this, as I could click on a previous file then alter the revision number, hit export and I'm done.

Now it seems that I have to specify the filename and folder in two separate steps, and I must type the filename without being able to see what's on the disk already.

Is anyone else seeing this? It's driving me nuts.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bentwookie
in reply to: Josh__

They made this change a few months ago, under the premise that it allows people to save meshes to the cloud...where their printers aren't. 

Rather than add the save-to-cloud affordance to the native save dialog (which could be ignored 95% of the time), they added a button you've got to click ([...]) to their own panel. It's an extra step and it was much maligned at the time. 

Message 3 of 3
Josh__
in reply to: bentwookie

Ok, good to know I'm not just out here on my own.

I find more annoying than just having to click the ... button. When I click that button I see this dialog:

Josh___0-1690963535003.png

This only lets me choose the folder, not specify the file name. As a result, I have to enter the file name from scratch, meaning I can't just click on the previous revision I saved, update the rev number, and click save. It's a huge step backwards in my opinion!

I agree with the previous maligning, this is bad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report