Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOST MY PROJECT

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
882 Views, 15 Replies

LOST MY PROJECT

What should I do when my file is lost after the daily Fusion 360 crash?

The file is 1 week old in the cloud and it is not in the backupfolder locally at my computer.

I manually save my files daily since I know how Fusion works(or does not work).

I like Fusion 360 but theese issues are starting to be quite frusturating after 3 years of daily crashes.

Well, all I want is my file which is quite important.

Screenshot_2020-05-27_at_14_43_30.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Phil.E
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Sorry to hear of daily crashing for you. I looked up your CER history and found zero reports. I was hoping to find out why you would crash at such an unusually high rate. 😞 

If you ever see this dialog, please fill it out and send it in. Especially if you see it repeatedly. I rely on automated systems to tell me when customers are crashing repeatedly doing the same things over and over. 

CER_reporting.png

Anyway, the best way to save your designs is to save them to the cloud. 

• Access designs from any computer
  • Never lose a design again
  • Easy to use, just press the save button
  • Access to every single saved version you ever made
  • Maintain associative links between designs

save.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 16
Phil.E

I apologize. The first search was using your forum email and not the domain.

I found five reports from May 2020 and although it's hard to tell from the comments, it looks like your crashes are mostly in CAM while accessing the browser. I wanted you to know a possible fix is under development right now for that problem. If you could please continue to send in every CER and describe what you were doing it would help a lot.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
I use Fusion 360 at many computers and I do not save the file locally. I
save it in the cloud.

When Fusion crashed this time it was not possible to locate the recent
saved file in the cloud. That's why I choose to try to locate it manually
in the backup(GUID) folder. I have found backups there before.

The crashes are random. It happens in the design space, Sculp mode and
CAD/CAM and last time it happens when I imported a DXF file.

Fusion 360 is just bad software or immature as some call it in other
threads. I used it several hours per day the last three years and the
problem was always there. I need to find software that runs more smoothly.
Of course it's never perfect but other software I use does not have this
problem.

Is Inventor a more stable software?

The crash report log, I do not have time to fill it out every day and I
thought that no one was reading it anyway.
Message 5 of 16
Phil.E

Got it. When you said "I manually save my files each day" it sounded like you save them to your local computer.

"Manual" saving is the only way to save in Fusion, that is to say pressing the save button and sending the design information to cloud storage.

I'm wondering now if your daily saves were somehow blocked if the design is a week old in your data panel.

After a crash recovery documents should be accessible from the file menu. 

Recover_documents_1.pngRecover_documents_2.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Hi. 

Today it happened again. 3 days of work lost because Fusion 360 does not save my file in the cloud.

It is not in the recovery list and the file is around 5 days old.

This is a fundamental feautuere for every program. To be able to save what you are working on.

It is super frusturating and I need to look for other alternatives.

Can I somehow disable Fusions cloudsave-feautere and only save my files locally when I press the save button?

The file is not in the recoverylist and not in the backup folder.

Regards.

Joel

Message 7 of 16
Phil.E

Are you saying you click "save" and later don't find your version? That's really strange because you can see the new version number appear in your file name at the top of the Fusion frame, and also in your data panel. If this is failing, you should notice right away. Do you see the UI feedback I'm describing when you click Save? Does it ask you to name the version as you are saving? 

How many times did you click save in the last 3 days? This should be in your log files. Can you export your log files and attach here so I can see why your save actions are not behaving?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 16
bob.s

I am having the same problem. All my files for the past few days are gone from the data panel. I was switching back and forward between Fusion and an Instructional Video with Desktop Makes. When I went back to open my files they were gone.

Message 9 of 16
Phil.E
in reply to: bob.s

Did you happen to switch to another hub?

Or switch to another project on the project list?

Or log out and log in again using a different login ID?

What does the Recent Data view look like in the data panel?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Updated log files after all the open attempts if that helps.

Message 11 of 16
Bryan24Y6T

I'm not having crashing issues but cloud saving issues. I saved 2 documents I was working on to the cloud, then shut down Fusion and restarted my computer because Fusion was not responding to certain move commands. Upon restart, one of my files was in the recent data tree to the left, while the other was missing from existence. I went to "recover documents", but it's not there either. It's as if I did nothing for the last 2 days.  I do not recommend ever saving to the cloud. Where TF could it have gone? Seriously? 

Message 12 of 16
AnandSomani
in reply to: Bryan24Y6T

Hi @Bryan24Y6T -- Can you please gather and share your Fusion logs? It might have some clues. https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-find-and-s...

Also, if you're okay sharing the names of the 2 designs you mentioned, it'll also be helpful while looking at your logs.

Also, if you remember where in the cloud folder structure you were saving the file, it would be worth navigating to it and checking there if you haven't already.. in case the design is just not showing up in recent data list, but is actually saved.

Anand
(Autodesk Fusion Developer)
Message 13 of 16
janne_hellgren

I have used Fusion for some years without experiencing any big issues. However, after reinstalling Fusion following after a computer crash I can´t find any trace of my previous projects or designs. Even if they are not intended for commercial use they are quite valuable for me. The cloud folder structure looks as empty as if I am a completely new user. The user credentials seems to be correct so I can´t figure out how to get hold of my designs.

Regards

Jan

Message 14 of 16
Phil.E
in reply to: janne_hellgren

Sorry to hear this. We need to find your previous login. Each time this is reported it is discovered that the customer created a new empty account. 

Do you have a paid license? If so I would log a support case. They can track down your email/login information and get you reconnected with your designs. I can help getting connected with support.

If not, we can connect privately to sort this out.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 16
janne_hellgren

You are right, it turned out that I for some reason have two different accounts. All my work was saved in the other account so now everything is ok. Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Message 16 of 16
Phil.E
in reply to: janne_hellgren

Glad to hear you found your designs!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report