Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local rendering does not work 2023

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Seven-One
230 Views, 5 Replies

Local rendering does not work 2023

I have been local rendering for weeks ( current fusion 360 build / Intel iMac Pro Ventura 13.4 (22F66) without any issues and then out of nowhere ( 5/30/23 ) the local rendering says that it has started but then it does nothing. It will not actually render anything. In canvas rendering works and not sure about cloud rendering. The last post I could find about this was from 2019 so I thought I would start a new ticket...

I've cleared the cache, uninstalled and then reinstalled twice and ran the reset F360 and still no local render...

Not sure if this is related however the one thing I was trying to do before this happened was I needed to model a set of headphones ( STEP ) into my existing design, so I found a set on Grab Cad. They were a bit finicky with the material and appearances, but I got that sorted but I noticed a notification warning that the appearance cannot be deleted and it's still there even after all of the resets. Plus I cannot delete the file as it says it's being reference by another design which it isn't...

Any thoughts or help with this? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Seven-One

Can you share your design? (export as .f3d or .f3z and attach to post).

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 6
LaleveeJT

I'm experiencing the same issue, although it seems like it's being investigated in this thread:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/local-render-fails-to-start-after-installing-may-2...

Message 4 of 6
Seven-One
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Here are the diagnostics files and the file I was working with when this started. After reading the other thread ( which I initially didn't find in my search ) it would seem the F360 updates are the issue and not the file, but here it is none the less. This is the weird file that keeps give me the warning about not being able to delete the appearance. 

Message 5 of 6
TrippyLighting

I am assuming you've not been trying to render this particular model for weeks.

Local rendering works fine on my end.

Every imported object will be assigned a physical material by default. I had no problems assigning different appearance materials.

Peter Doering
Message 6 of 6
Seven-One

I thought I posted a reply. I meant to say I had been rendering other files for weeks with no issues and it started when I imported the headphone file. Seemingly it was more coincidental and had to do with the F360 updates more than that file. Although it is odd that the warning still shows up ins the notifications even after a reset and reinstall of F360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report