Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Part Graphical Quality

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stevendavies86
173 Views, 3 Replies

Large Part Graphical Quality

I am generally very impressed with the performance and quality of Fusion 360's features and 3D model graphics, but until recently I have only been making small parts.

this part is 8' long and 7" in diameter, and there are many blended radii and chamfers, but these surfaces are terribly handled but Autodesk. I personally think it has to do with reflections and lighting, but as I zoom in, it should be adding polygons to depict the part closely.

Capture1.PNG

The strange part is that it doesn't effect some surfaces.  Those teeth were modeled in after the revolve. Capture2.PNG

This should be a radius and a full rad groove. This is about full scale on my screen.

Capture3.PNG

There is a 0.015" radius on the top and bottom of this groove, I've never had this on small parts. Even worse is its reflected in the wire frame. So how does this affect toolpaths?

Capture4.PNG

Can someone from the Autodesk team jump in here, I am even willing to share files 

BTW I have a A2000 graphics card with latest drivers. It does not seem to be a VRAM limit.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Have you tried adjusting the Display Detail Controls? 

HughesTooling_0-1697648053061.png

Change to fixed then High

HughesTooling_1-1697648129794.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

I did try that that... But no effect, I zoomed in, and cycled between low and high and it much better. Zooming in first makes seems to make a difference.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4

Thanks for reporting, stevendavies86!

Would you please share the dataset with me for further investigation? My email address is: LISHUANG.LU@AUTODESK.COM

Thanks, 

-Lisa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report