Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard shortcuts export and import

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
badonj002
1281 Views, 10 Replies

keyboard shortcuts export and import

A little confused here. I see I can make keyboard shortcuts to customize for my use, but nowhere in settings is there a way to export settings so I can import them in the event I have to reinstall  my computer. I see in 2017 the shortcuts are shown as we are working on it, but I do not see it in preferences like in this post? Is this sort of thing not not normal in applications such as Fusion 360?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/under-development-customizable-keyboard-sh...

I did not expect this to be the case. 200+ functions, it can not be expected I have to enter all of then every time I have to reinstall Fusion? 

Thanks,

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
g-andresen
in reply to: badonj002

Hi,

maybe this might help?

günther

Message 3 of 11
badonj002
in reply to: g-andresen

Thank you! I have been looking everywhere for the answer. I think I will be working on a shortcut Editor. Seriously, thank you for taking the time to help me!

FusionKeys.PNG

Message 4 of 11
Phil.E

Hi. Your keyboard shortcuts are stored in the cloud. There is a current issue that requires a small workaround when you do something like install or login. Basically any time you have to log in.

What happens is Fusion is already started before you log in. It doesn't know your shortcuts yet, because it started without knowing who you are. This would also happen when you install because it forces a login.

Here is the way to get them back right away. Right after installing or logging in, restart Fusion 360 and do not log out. Just restart. Fusion will know who you are at this point and fetch your shortcuts from the cloud.

Thanks for your patience with this issue.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
mindwork3d
in reply to: Phil.E

What do you mean restart? just exit the program and relaunch it? I tired this couple times but not working 

Message 6 of 11
Phil.E
in reply to: mindwork3d

Can you describe what is not working?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
mindwork3d
in reply to: Phil.E

This bug did not bother me when I was using Fusion with the hobiest license, but now since I`m paying **** ton of money for a license I expect this be fixed at this point. 

Message 8 of 11
Phil.E
in reply to: mindwork3d

Can you describe what is not working for you? 

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11
ghrrum

This has been bugging the heck out of me for ages and I finally cracked it.

I'm going to run through the play by play using text and images cause video is too slow to explain for most things.

1. Start Fusion 360 and log into the account you want to export your hotkeys from.
  2. Press Ctrl+Alt+C to open the text command window.Open Text Commands.jpg
  3. I prefer to expand the window to read everything, you do you. At the very bottom click the 'Type Text Commands Here' and type "HotKey-Export" without quotes and hit enter.HotKey-Export.jpg

4. Log Out of that profile and into the one you want to import the shortcuts into. Text Command window should carry over unless you close it.
  5. Once logged in type "HotKey-Import" into the text command line and, viola, you should be done and have all your hotkeys moved.HotKey-Import.jpg

There are lot of other text commands in there that are VERY useful to know about, I highly suggest exploring it and seeing what sort of stuff you can do there. Be careful though, you can mess up stuff in a big way too.

Message 10 of 11
ghrrum
in reply to: ghrrum

I suspect there is a way to carry your toolbars over so you can migrate your workspace over to a different account, I'll poke about and explore it a bit more and see if that can be done too.
Message 11 of 11
MarcBanks_Bl
in reply to: ghrrum

Ever figure this out?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums