Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs list in cloud faulty can not clear 3 jobs, list is empty but clock icon has 3 jobs stalled been like this for 6 months.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
lanparty233
517 Views, 15 Replies

Jobs list in cloud faulty can not clear 3 jobs, list is empty but clock icon has 3 jobs stalled been like this for 6 months.

Hi all, @RajkumarIlanchelian I'm having problems again with saving to the cloud. I notice that every time a file fails to upload, I have a new job listed on the clock icon in the WebView, but the list is empty when I try to clear it. It has been a month, and my file has not been updated in the cloud.

The only way to fix this is to create a new project and copy the files using "Insert Derive." This process is a real pain because I lose all constraints and history when I have to start a new file again. To be honest, this is becoming tiresome as it will be the third time I have had to do this. I have previously complained about this issue on the forums, but they said it was my file. However, I have figured out that it's not my file; rather, it is the cloud server losing jobs in the job list. When a job is lost, the process stalls, and new updates are not downloaded to the cloud. Unfortunately, I cannot clear this list because it shows no jobs to clear, but the icon indicates there are three.

Additionally, I have noticed that when I download some files, they are corrupt and no longer work. I'm wondering if my account is on a faulty server or if there is a failing HDD in the cloud server.

opera_JyGFihb15w.png

Fusion360_mPlz5BLc4p.png

I Did a Insert derive today to a new folder and the file saved to the cloud, but by doing this i have lost all constraints and history again why is this happening?

Can you delete them 3 jobs in the cloud from my account that is stalling my uploads please.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
lanparty233
in reply to: lanparty233

@RajkumarIlanchelian just like to add in this post link, as I mentioned it last time this happened.

This is when I had to copy the file over and start new from insert derive. I then rebuilt the file the right way from the start with guidance from @HughesTooling In a topic about making coils in fusion 360.

Link: Where it Was Reported a month ago, in this post Here. 

opera_MG7peFeyK2.png

Message 3 of 16
lanparty233

Diagnostic's file attached 

Message 4 of 16
lanparty233

Since its been 2 days and no support on here, I have had to contact Fusion360 support and submit a case.  While this is happening, I will be looking at FreeCAD as there are a few reasons why I might change to it:

upside:

1. Free
  2. Saves to my HDD no waiting on cloud 
  3.  Can use Python (ChatGPT will come in handy here to generate code using import calls (FreeCAD & FreeCADgui) Also (POV-Ray scene description)) 
  4. Found a program that will change Fusion360 and Inventor files to FreeCad
  5. More control over the software
  6. Lots of Free extensions and Plugins
  7. Opensource
  8. Files are more Privet on my computer
  9. No more wasting time because I have to start new from insert derive

Downside:

1. Have to learn a new interface
  2. Interface not as good looking, compared too fusion360
  3. Paid 12 month subscription to fusion360 hoping it would fix this file problem, but it still persists 

I say this because if I have to rebuild my file again, I will do it in FreeCAD next time as I have done it too many times in fusion360 now and still keep having this upload issue to the cloud after a few updates it fails to update anymore.

So it must be a indexing problem in the cloud server, that is stopping the file from updating the new file version also stalling the jobs folder. I say because the indexing is wrong as it dose not show the job in the list to clear, so I can not clear it from the the jobs listing because the index is not showing me any files to clear.

Message 5 of 16
lanparty233

Oh well have not heard from support or anyone on the forums, so I better start my transition to FreeCAD.

By the looks it might take a while to download and backup my fusion 360 files. 

Time to learn FreeCAD little lone I have paid for this one, Thanks fusion 360... 😥

J2BixbKxga.png

l1R0CHwc9q.png

Message 6 of 16
lanparty233

After much disappointment I still have not heard back from support.  The file still will not upload to the cloud, even though I have removed every part of the file, all but 1 body and a sketch but the file is still stalled.

I have created new files out of that project by insert derive but this time I selected the constraint I wanted and it copied the constraint to the new file. This is a much better way to move files out as they are moved with there constraint and not imported as individual bodies, like if you select the project folder instead.  

All that I have done still has changed noting as the index in the cloud in my account is faulty and I'm not getting any support on here or from the ticket I made.

Fusion360_TUck3MyAVI.png

I don't want to keep asking this please, Fix my cloud account and remove the stalled downloads in the cloud index PLEASE!!!!~

Message 7 of 16

@lanparty233 Apologies that although you tagged me on this post I did not respond here because I did not receive any notification. I was pointed to this thread just now and that is when I realized this thread. 

Anyways, first things first, we can work to see how to clear the 3 files on the cloud that are stuck. The fact that they do not have a thumbnail is telling that something went wrong. Would it be possible for you to invite me in to that project? raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com 

We can start to look at what could be happening here. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 16

@RajkumarIlanchelian wrote:

@lanparty233 Apologies that although you tagged me on this post I did not respond here because I did not receive any notification. I was pointed to this thread just now and that is when I realized this thread. 

Anyways, first things first, we can work to see how to clear the 3 files on the cloud that are stuck. The fact that they do not have a thumbnail is telling that something went wrong. Would it be possible for you to invite me in to that project? raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com 

We can start to look at what could be happening here. 

@RajkumarIlanchelian Thank you for your reply. The files have thumb nails its just I cropped them out as they are part of a design that is not public knowledge yet. This editing is so I can show some idea what I'm on about on the forums.

Message 9 of 16

@lanparty233 

If you go to the Fusion service utility, can you run the gather system info and attach the diagnostics.zip or send them to me?

Once you collect this, run the rest Fusion 360. This should help clear the stuck uploads. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 10 of 16
Message 11 of 16

@lanparty233 Thanks for the logs. I can see the 3 files that are stuck.

1. If you can close Fusion and run the reset Fusion 360, I think this will help clear the stuck uploads. 

2. Need to figure out how you are ending up in this state. I think you called out certain steps above but would it be possible to invite me in to the hub, so that I can try to recreate the same workflow you are getting into this problem? 

(May not respond to this thread for another 2-3 hours but will certainly follow up after that and see if we can get to the bottom of why this is happening).

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 12 of 16

@lanparty233 Thanks for the logs. I can see the 3 files that are stuck.

1. If you can close Fusion and run the reset Fusion 360, I think this will help clear the stuck uploads. 

2. Need to figure out how you are ending up in this state. I think you called out certain steps above but would it be possible to invite me in to the hub, so that I can try to recreate the same workflow you are getting into this problem? 

(May not respond to this thread for another 2-3 hours but will certainly follow up after that and see if we can get to the bottom of why this is happening).

@RajkumarIlanchelian Thank you yeah that's no problem, I will run the reset and have a nap, as its 6:00AM I better get my 3 to 4 hours of sleep for the day in. Have a few things I have got to do today, so I will be off line for a while myself.

Thanks 

Message 13 of 16

@lanparty233 We can have another person in my team connect with you with a more favorable time zone to look into the root cause of why this happened in the first place. Can you let me know which time zone you are in?

Also, did a reset Fusion 360 remove the stuck upload files? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 14 of 16

Hello @RajkumarIlanchelian sorry for the late reply, I have had a few busy days.

Yeah it would be good if some one in Australia, New South Wales time zone contact through email, is best, as we do not have good phone reception were I live

Also my patent pending is Australian, so working with people within my legal boarders would be best I feel.  

Thanks

Edit:

Forgot to add, I did try reset but it did not work, I ticked the 2 boxes. I do not know if I was meant to or not.

Message 15 of 16

@lanparty233 I am going to be out of office for the next couple of weeks but I have asked someone in my team to reach out to you. Once we have decided who that will be, they will post here on this thread. 

1. My team will help clear the stuck uploads
2. Try to understand what workflow is getting you in this state to begin with
3. We may need access into your hub based on what we find

The person will be from India and hence will be in a much better time zone to interact and maybe even do a screen share session if need be. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 16 of 16

@lanparty233 I am going to be out of office for the next couple of weeks but I have asked someone in my team to reach out to you. Once we have decided who that will be, they will post here on this thread. 

1. My team will help clear the stuck uploads
2. Try to understand what workflow is getting you in this state to begin with
3. We may need access into your hub based on what we find

The person will be from India and hence will be in a much better time zone to interact and maybe even do a screen share session if need be. 

Hello @RajkumarIlanchelian, Since I now know how to move files, keeping there constraint information I really do not need the original time line.

Because Autodesk will not sign a 5 year NDA or the fact, I seem not to be able to keep my file Data within my boarders, as a result I have decided to delete the files.

Not to be rude but India is a electric motor manufacturing hub, and I do not want my information seen beyond my country boarders because of IP theft. Also the fact Fusion only has a 3 year confidentiality agreement, I have decided its better if I just delete the troublesome files and move on as, this will be the 4th time I have had to rebuild this file.

Thanks for your time @RajkumarIlanchelian , but I now feel its best if I just delete the files and move on past this. I just hope that the cloud stops becoming corrupt in my clouds index. I wish I had of found that backup script a while ago, then I could of saved my files in .f3d as I worked on them to my HDD, without requesting every file from the internet ( That slows down my productivity) as all this problem is caused from the cloud or server I'm on.  

Hope you have a good few weeks away, it might give you time to put your feet up for a bit, if you're lucky 😉.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report