Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this thread design correct?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
memo2022
218 Views, 9 Replies

Is this thread design correct?

Hi Guys, I want to ask about this thread I made like a bottle thread. Is it correct? It looks to me there are holes between them which makes it not tight??? thanks

memo2022_0-1708287834558.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jhackney1972
in reply to: memo2022

The threads look OK to me.  Threads have to have some clearance in order to function.  When they are tight the flats of the thread, indicated by the red arrows, will be flush against each other and form a seal.  Since you have a O-Ring on the top face, the seal probably is not a worry.

You do have an issue at the bottom as indicated by the Interference notes.

Threads.jpg

By the way, this post should have been posted on the Fusion Design, Validate and Document Forum.  The Support Forum is for posting Fusion application issues, not design issues.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 10
memo2022
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks, I will move it. For your comment how to sort the issue you mentioned? Can you show it in video please or pictures. I appreciate your help. Thanks
Message 4 of 10
jhackney1972

Do not worry about this post, you cannot move it, only an administrator.  Just think about it the next time you post.  As far as your model, it would seem that you posted a different one than the one you show a section analysis from.  This is what I see in your posted model.

Section Analysis is Different.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 10
memo2022

Sorry I thought it was saved here it is. Looking forward your reply. thanks,

Message 6 of 10
jhackney1972

OK, there are two models attached.  Both of them have my proposed thread relief and one of them has a Motion Link added to the cap.  Since Fusion cannot drive a Revolve joint more than 360 degrees before it resets, to make the jar lid screw off you will have to Drive the Revolve Joint manually.  To put the cap back into original position, select the Position Reset on the toolbar.  Animated GIF will show this.

Screw Motion.gif

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 10
memo2022

Thanks really nice help. Can you show how did you fix my issue with interference threads position?
Message 8 of 10
jhackney1972

I attached an Animated GIF where I activated Component2, then Edited the Revolve Clearance Cut.  The sketch is highlighted before the Revolve feature.

Thread Clearance Cut.gif

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 10
memo2022

When I try to do it on the original design i sent it does not work please see the video in the attachment. How to do it on my design i sent step by step video please. I attached my original design again here.

Message 10 of 10
jhackney1972

You have to have a sketch to do the Revolve.  Look at my model, activate Component 2, and you will see the sketch and Revolve at the end of the timeline.

Please do not forget to select the "Accept Solution" on my post.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report