Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "fillet" broken, too weak, or am I missing some command options?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rslazas
150 Views, 4 Replies

Is "fillet" broken, too weak, or am I missing some command options?

When filleting a simple solid that was generated by extruding 2 ellipses with connecting lines, I can't get Fusion to fillet the edges beyond a very small radius (not nearly enough, I need 10mm).  See the pictures attached for the profile.

To double-check that I was not drawing the profile with errors, I imported the same geometry as STEP into Fusion, SW, and Plasticity. Fillet works in the other 2 CAD software but not Fusion.  Is "fillet" broken in Fusion, or is the math engine behind it not strong enough?

Or, am I missing some options / selections within the fillet command that could help?  I've looked and looked, but maybe missed something.  Your help would be much appreciated.  This is a basic and annoying road block.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: rslazas

Please attach your model. 

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
rslazas
in reply to: jhackney1972

Here's the model. The fillet needs to be 10mm.  Thanks for taking a look.

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972

Your model shape, mainly the transition between the sides and the ends, is just to tight to get a radius of 10 mm before it intersects itself.  Even a Sweep will not work.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
rslazas

Appreciate you taking a look John.  I suppose that gets to the root of my question - why doesn't fillet work in this case when it clearly can and probably should (reference the images in my first post).  I feel that this kind of limitation should drive a product improvement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report