Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible Area Fill or Hatch a region on a drawing view

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cad_munkie
6806 Views, 6 Replies

Is it possible Area Fill or Hatch a region on a drawing view

Is there a way to do an area fill or cross hatch on a view in drawing?  I need to indicate a keep out region on a PCB and have not figured out how to do this on a drawing.  Is there a alternative way to indicate the keep out on the drawing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: cad_munkie

You can do an unconsumed sketch with lines or other geometry on the model in the area you want to indicate exception to and then when you do the drawing, just turn the sketch on in the proper view.  Take a look at the short screencast.

Indicated Area.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7

This solution is too complicated, there should be a tool to fill an area with the sketch in Drawing mode.. 

Message 4 of 7

So basically we cannot hatch in Fusion 360 drawing?

Message 5 of 7

Hatching, in section views, occur automatically.  If you want to apply hatching to denote an area, there is no command for that, you will have to use the supplied workaround.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 7

I appreciate your answer. Hopefully on future updates we see that.

Message 7 of 7
matthewM5R6M
in reply to: cad_munkie

Second this, this shouldn't be a workaround!  I could do this in inventor, so why not fusion 360?  

I'm trying to do a drawing where I indicate an area for masking off during treatment, which is a pretty common thing to have to do.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report