Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersecting sweep stops short.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
richhamm01
130 Views, 2 Replies

Intersecting sweep stops short.

I draw a sketch on the plane of an object.  See the attached file "profile on object plane.jpg".   I then use that sketch as a profile and sweep on one of the object's edges. See "sweep profile on object path.jpg".  The probvlem is that the sweep stops short and does not go all the way to the edge of the object when making the intersection.  I am not sure why this is happening or what to do about it.  Please help!!!!!

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: richhamm01

Probably the best method is just to create a little extra path using a sketch or the extension of the existing geometry.  Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
richhamm01
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for the tip. I actually went ahead and extended the part way beyond
what it needed to be, swept the profile and then split the volume. It
worked perfectly although now I have this errant volume, but who cares
about that. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums