Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal threading M12

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
workshopTEL8Y
201 Views, 4 Replies

Internal threading M12

Hi I am trying to cut M12X1.75 internal thread.

When I simulate the program it seems to remove all of the material instead of cutting thread.

I'm think that it will machine correctly but, I would like to be sure by seeing it simulating the tool path correctly as well to avoid making scrap.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: workshopTEL8Y

Do you have "Fade Thread End" turned on?

Could you share your Fusion file?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

This might be because the relief angle is not working well on internal tools. Try setting the tip thickness to something like 0.1mm. You might need to only display the tip in the simulation as well.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore What is the width parameter for? It shows as the thickness on the tip graphic which is obviously wrong. Changing the size doesn't seem to do anything.

HughesTooling_0-1688658059167.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: workshopTEL8Y

I think "Width" is "supposed" to be thickness. While it doesn't do anything visible, I've run into instances where having an abnormally large value does simulate an invisible body that will wipe out stock. Without the customer file it's hard to determine what's going on

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report