Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert DXF to PCB is low resolution on silkscreen layer, text is not filled

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
deathbyaudio
64 Views, 0 Replies

Insert DXF to PCB is low resolution on silkscreen layer, text is not filled

In the PCB editor of an electronics design I would like to import a DXF file which contains all the layers of the PCB. Board outline, silkscreen, solder mask stop etc. 

When I import the DXF file and select the "21 SilkscreenTop" layer as the target layer the resolution is significantly worse than when "20 BoardOutline" is selected. It seems to be a simplified path. It is also much worse than when viewed in Adobe Illustrator. How can I get the silkscreen layer to be the highest resolution?

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 4.14.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 4.14.30 PM.png

Another problem is the text is not filled when it actually should be a solid shape and not an outline of the text. In illustrator and in the Autodesk file viewer the shapes are correctly filled. What steps need to be taken to make my text filled in? 

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 4.19.00 PM.png

Autodesk Viewer Screenshot

I'm wondering if I'm missing a step in preparing my DXF file in illustrator that would take care of these problems. 

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report